Thursday, May 22, 2008

9 Marks of a Healthy Church


The world probably does not need another review of 9 Marks of a Healthy Church, so I do not intend to write another. I found a couple that I reccommend, especially this one by Tim Challies. I agree with Tim that the book was not all that I expected. However, I think that in my case that is mostly due to the fact that I had put the book on some sort of pedestal before ever reading it.
Having said all of that, just because my expectation was too high does not mean that you should not read this book. It is a book that pastors and lay people alike should read for its broad scope on the church. It could be called A Contemporary Theology of The Church, because I believe the book satisfactorily spells out what the church is called to be.
Let me offer one additional word of encouragement. When you pick up this book, make sure that you do not stop on the last chapter, read at least the first appendix, it may be the most valuable few pages of the entire book.
Here is one more review you could follow if you are curious.

No comments:

>